The closest airport to the Macdonald Aviemore Resort is Inverness Airport. This airport is located approximately 45 minutes drive from the Macdonald Aviemore Resort.
Flights are available from Bristol, Birmingham, Belfast City, Dublin, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton and Manchester. For those of you travelling from the south, we have put together some flight options with the optimal timings for the event.
London Gatwick to Inverness on EasyJet
- Depart: Tuesday 1 May at 09:40, 12:30 and 20:25
- Return: Friday 4 May at 07:00, 15:00 and 17:25
EasyJet is offering ITM Conference delegates flying out from London Gatwick #1 Lounge Access, Personal Welcome, Refreshments, and Fast Track Security. All details will be confirmed closer to the date of event.
London Luton to Inverness on EasyJet
- Depart: Tuesday 1 May 09:40
- Return: Friday 4 May at 11:40 and 20:55
London Heathrow to Inverness on British Airways
- Depart: Tuesday 1 May at 10:15
- Return: Friday 4 May at 12:45
British Airways is offering ITM Conference delegates 10% off flights from Heathrow to Inverness between 30th April – 7th May 2018. Details of how to claim your discount will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
Airport transfers (to/from Inverness Airport) will be available on Tuesday 1 May and Friday 4 May. Seats on the coaches can be purchased during your conference registration. The cost of airport transfers is £25.00 each way.
- Transfer to Aviemore: Arrival transfer times on Tuesday 1 May are currently 10:00, 12:00, 12:30, 15:00 and 22:30. Please note that these times could change and will be reviewed in line with the confirmed flight details to ensure that there is enough capacity for each transfer.
- Return transfer to Inverness Airport: Transfer times will be reviewed once we have delegate departure flight times and a transfer schedule will be announced.
All transfers will be confirmed in your final confirmation documents which will be sent prior to the conference.
Please provide your flight information to ensure that there is enough capacity on the coaches.
Taxi transfers to the Macdonald Aviemore Resort are available to book through local taxi providers. Please visit the Macdonald Aviemore Resort website for further details. Approximate costs can be found below:
- Transfer from Inverness airport to Macdonald Aviemore Resort is £70.00 one way
- Transfer from Aviemore train station to the Macdonald Aviemore Resort is £3.00 (However the resort is within walking distance from the train station).
The nearest railway station is Aviemore which is on the main line to Inverness. There are direct trains from London King Cross, Glasgow and Edinburgh to Aviemore.
The Macdonald Aviemore Resort is located within a short walk from the station.
Virgin Trains East Coast is able to offer ITM Conference delegates exclusive rates to travel to and from Aviemore. Departure points are available across the route in both standard and first class. Bookings will open 20th November 2017 and are available subject to availability, until just before the conference. Please visit their online booking form to commence your booking.
ScotRail are able to provide a 30% discount for ITM Conference delegates who are travelling on ScotRail services between 30 April and 4 May 2018. ITM Conference delegates will be able to call the Customer Centre on 0344 811 0144 to book tickets, on or after 6 February 2018.
Terms of travel with ScotRail:
- The Discount of 30% will only be offered on Anytime Return or First Anytime Return
- Attendees must provide a booking code/reference – ‘Concess 30%’
- Tickets must be paid at time of booking, and can either be posted or collected from a station where facilities are available. Attendees should advise their preference at time of booking.
If you are planning on driving to the ITM Conference, please see the resort website for directions.
Car parking is complimentary, please visit the Macdonald Aviemore Resort website for further details.
Extend your trip
Make the most of your time in this stunning location by extending your trip with family and friends over the bank holiday weekend. As a conference delegate, why not benefit from the negotiated special rate with the venue of £80.00 per room per night bed and breakfast. This is for a limited number of rooms on a first come first served basis. Please contact Ann Easton (Ann.Easton@macdonald-hotels.co.uk) at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort directly, and mention that you are attending the ITM Conference.
There are lots of different activities to participate in the UK’s largest National Park. The Cairngorms are wild and unspoilt, with towering mountains, rippling lochs and hidden valleys. It’s the perfect all-round adventure playground. Walk, bike, climb, sail, kayak, ski or snowboard.
If you want to take it a little easier, how about a tipple at the world’s highest distillery or a relaxing journey back in time on a steam train? On the vast Rothemurchus Estate, you can try your hand at clay pigeon shooting or trout fishing, and then take a safari amongst the ancient Scots pines and local wildlife.